The stereo ePSG soundcard with effect processor “Darky” just filled up the Winners Loot Box.
From Dutch retro hard- and software makers Supersoniqs, we received their new 6-channel PSG board for any winner to loot. This device is backwards compatible with the existing MSX PSG sound chip and has a mixer and sound effects onboard. Darky takes your ordinary PSG to the next level, for sure.
The enhanced PSG sound cartridge is a real magician when it comes to that typical MSX-sound. It has two General Instruments AY8930 sound processors, which an successor of the AY-3-8910. The processor has two different operating modes, one is AY-3-8910 compatible, and the other one is the enhanced mode.
- 2 x AY-8930
- separate envelope per channel
- variable duty cycles
- more bits of precision for note frequency
- volume and envelope frequency
- a much better configurable noise generator
- a stereo mixer including treble, bass, equalizing and 3d stereo spatializing
- a SPIN FX-1 Effect processor, which has fixed effects such as echo, reverb, flange, chorus, both stereo line output and headphone output , and an external input
We hope to see some 6-channel PSG supporting games next year in the freestyle MSXdev22 edition!